Please click below to learn more about our management team.
Robert V. Szanyi
Chief Financial Officer
Vice President of Operations
President, Western Region
We are committed to a green world by helping clients in proper end-of-life management of assets containing sensitive data and components hazardous to our environment.
Com-Cycle was started in 2001 by AERC Recycling Solutions to help service customers with electronics recycling needs. Com-Cycle began specializing in taking apart electronic devices to the commodity level which soon developed into fixing, refurbishing and remanufacturing computers. AERC owns and operates five wholly owned Electronics Processing Com-Cycle facilities in five separate geographic locations.
Com-Cycle was founded on the principles of Hazardous Waste and Universal Waste management and maintains best practices in the industry for handling all components of the electronic device. Many electronic devices contain heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium, lead as well as others. It is Com-Cycle’s mission to keep these hazardous materials out of landfills and our environment through responsible recycling.
Each AERC Electronics Processing Com-Cycle facility has the industry designation of being an R2 / RIOS Certified Electronics Recycler™ facility and has been independently certified to these industry designations. These facilities are in Allentown, PA, Ashland, VA, West Melbourne, FL, Houston, TX, and Hayward, CA.
Memberships and Affiliations
- ISRI -
Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries www.isri.org
- NAID - National Association of Information Destruction www.naidonline.org
- ASCDI - Association of Service and Computer Dealers International www.ascdi.com
- ANJR - Association of New Jersey Recyclers www.anjr.com
- GRCC – Gateway Regional Chamber of Commerce www.gatewaychamber.com
- PROP - Professional Recyclers of Pennsylvania www.PROPRecycles.org
- VRA - Virginia Recycling Association www.VRArecycles.org
- SVLG - Silicon Valley Leadership Group www.SVLG.org
- Member of SWANA-Solid Waste Association of North America- www.swana.org
- Member of CHWMEG- an independent auditor used by many Fortune 500 customers- www.chwmeg.org
Please note that membership may be applicable to Com-Cycle or AERC Recycling Solutions. Com-Cycle is a wholly owned subsidiary of AERC.
- In 2005, over 300 Million computers where considered obsolete. This number has been rapidly growing from year to year that over 80% of the trash from businesses and households ends up in landfills.
- With new technology, new computers, and the need for our company to be on the cutting edge of it all, the old equipment is becoming obsolete before the day is done. These items, which are no longer useful and have been replaced, need to be recycled and not just thrown into a landfill where they can contaminate the water and our land.
- Electric and electronic equipment equals 6% of the U.S. gross domestic product, up from 5%, 10 years ago. E-waste constitutes as much as 5% of the U.S. municipal solid waste stream and continues to grow 5 times faster than all other waste streams. E-waste is the fastest growing segment of municipal solid waste.
- Research recently conducted for the Environmental Protection Agency estimates that three-quarters of all computers sold in the U.S. remain stockpiled in garages, closets, or other forms of storage. Of this total market, only 13% are reused or recycled. Recent studies estimate that the number of these unused obsolete computers is as high as 680 million units, equivalent to 34 billion pounds of obsolete CRT's in the United States. Our company believes that the pending changes in legislation will result in this e-waste finally being recycled in an environmentally safe and efficient program. In 2005 alone it is estimated that 163,420 computers will become obsolete and will be disposed in the U.S daily. Based on conservative estimates, between 2006 and 2015 another 680 million computers and laptops will be sold in the United States.
AERC Recycling Solutions:
Com-Cycle’s Parent Company focuses on recycling fluorescent lamps, batteries, ballasts, and mercury containing devices. AERC is a nationally regulated and “ Permitted” Electronic Waste and Universal Waste Recycling Company. AERC is committed to creating a cleaner future through recycling. AERC believes that the best way to do this is by providing quality service to our 2500 customers. The Company offers an integrated strategy that helps its clients reduce the amount of waste produced, implement best practices for handling waste on-site and provides a full range of treatment options to meet specific needs. The AERC facilities are fully EPA permitted with over 30 years of industry experience and comply with all Federal & State EPA, OSHA, and DOT Regulations. AERC recognizes and believes that environmental management is one of our highest corporate priorities and conducts all aspects of its business accordingly as responsible stewards of the environment.
- AERC Specializes in Processing:
- Fluorescent and Mercury-Containing Lamps
- Lighting Ballast
- Electronic Scrap
- Mercury-Containing Devices
- Mercury-Contaminated Hazardous Wastes
- Laboratory Chemical Packing
- Waste Oils and Antifreezes
- Drum Removal
- Cleaning Compounds
- Inks and Resins
Click here to visit AERC Recycling Solution's Homepage.